Thursday, January 16, 2020

Start of final task

        Hello, my name is Alex and I am a sophomore in high school. Growing up in Florida, I find myself outdoors a lot. Some of my favorite activities are soccer, skating, and wake boarding. Luckily, Florida is warm year round, and so I can do these activities any time of the year. I also play basketball with my friends, at the park. After skating for a while I started to want to make edits of myself skating. I then downloaded Final Cut ProX and learned how to edit. Since I didn’t have anyone to learn how to edit from, I had to watch YouTube videos and learn from watching those videos. Soon enough, I became skilled in using this editing technology. This encouraged me to take the AICE Media class.

        I have learned a wide range of skills while taking AICE Media. I have learned camera angles, how to edit, and how to plan and film a video. I am excited to use storyboarding. This is a fun element of making a video in which you draw out every scene of the movie. I am looking forward to having a general idea as to what the video will look like. I am looking forward to actually filming the video. The filming techniques we will use are exciting to me, because of how much flexibility you get with which ones you use. If used correctly, the right camera angles can be key to making a good movie. I am also very excited to use the editing skills I have learned. I am going to make clean transitions that are very professional,  and hard to do.

        I am in a group of three for my final task, the group consists of Jorge, Jack, and myself. Jorge is excellent at filming, Jack is good at organization and making sure everyone is on task. I, am the editor of the group. Before looking at our pitches, i thought . I would explain what one is. A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea for a film in less than 25 words. Jack's pitch was to have robbers kidnap someone from the house they are robbing. The hostage then has to try to escape on foot. This movie may take place in one of our houses, the park, a hotel, or in one of our neighborhoods. Jorge's pitch was to have two robbers enter a house not knowing someone was inside. Then, the person inside has to try to escape from the robbers. My pitch was to have three kids find a treasure map in their attic, and then go to the beach and search for the treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final

Alex Dee Period 2 Prompt #5 AICE Media Final Assess the importance of marketing in film Over the past decades, marketi...