Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

        In the Nike commercial, I am the soccer player, so I had a lot to do. Starting off the commercial, we had a scene of me walking down a hallway and having a bag thrown to me, and then I would catch the bag. To capture the shot I had to set up the tripod, I screwed in the camera and let the legs extend. After setting up, I did the scene and then we moved over to the soccer field. I walked around the bleachers in the next shot then sat on the bleachers and took my cleats out of the bag. Then, I used a POV of my putting on my cleats. I had my cleats already on and just ended up tying them. After this, I got up and walked onto the field. From here, we started a new scene and jack played me a ball and I took a touch and shot. This was challenging because u had to shoot and then point the camera up and catch the goal. It probably took ten tries but I think it ended up looking good. I was focusing on the camera too much so all my shots were bad. The ones that were good weren’t captured because u forgot to point the camera up. But we needed up getting a good one. The ball was also wet and sandy so it was hard to shoot well with it.

        To elaborate, after we finally filmed the shot of jack playing me a ball and me shooting, we went onto a shot with a defender and a goalie. It was supposed to represent a real game situation. I set up the tripod behind the goal so the goalie, defender, and I could be seen. After, I would click record and run over to my spot. The part where I am running over to my spot can be edited out later l. I then too the ball and rain bowed the defender, and then shot. A rainbow is a soccer trick where you flick the ball behind you over your head and over the defender. Then, I ran around him and shot. This shot took probably around 10 tries too. I was t able to do the rainbow well the first couple times seeing as the ball was sandy and kept slipping from my feet. In some of the other ones I rainbowed the ball too far and didn’t get a chance to shoot. This only happened because we had to be so close to the goal so everyone could fit in frame.

The last shot consisted of me starting at the point where I ended in the second to last scene and walking away from the camera. This will integrate into the ending of our commercial. As I am walking away I will edit it to fade to black and then have the Nike swoosh and slogan pop up. One challenging parts of the filming process was catching the bag in the first scene and keeping the same distance of catching the same bag in the second scene. I had to redo the scene about 19 times catching the bag in all different distances. I did this because now I just take the two that are closest together in distance away front eh camera when the bag is caught and make the transition. Another challenging part of the filming was walking up to the bleachers. As stupid as it sounds, it took probably 7 tries to get it right. First I wasn’t moving fast enough. Also I kept sitting on the first bleachers when I was supposed to sit on the second. But after a couple more tries I finally got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final

Alex Dee Period 2 Prompt #5 AICE Media Final Assess the importance of marketing in film Over the past decades, marketi...