Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Editing the Commercial

Since the computers weren’t working for this class, I decided to just edit the video at home. I use a software called Final Cut Pro X. First, I had Jack send me all the footage. Then I uploaded the footage to the computer and moved it to my external hard drive. Then, I made a new library and project, and imported all the clips into the library. I dragged the clips into the timeline in the order I wanted them to be in. Then, I trimmed them down the unnecessary parts of the clips, and from here I was ready to add music. I imported  the music onto Final Cut Pro X, it was tricky to fit the meat of the music to the scenes of the commercial but I got it eventually. I started the music nine seconds into the commercial, I think this added some a nice effect that something’s about to start. I made sure to cut the commercial down to exactly thirty seconds as before it was at sixty seconds. Now, I can get into the specifics. For the ending, I sped up the running by 150% because it looked like I was running too slow. For the Nike sign and slogan, there were four steps. First, I had to look on google to find an image of a Nike swoosh that had black in the background. Then, I downloaded it and added it to the commercial for the desired time. From here, I added the luma keyer effect onto it. Basically, what this does is remove the black background from the image so it’s only the Nike swoosh. From here, I added the negative Fredy onto the image to turn the swoosh from white to black. Now, I added the prism effect on top of that to add the prism rainbow border around the Nike swoosh. Now, I went I to the coller correction under exposure, and made the darks as dark as possible. Now, I just repeated these steps onto the just do it slogan, and you’re done. One this was done I was looking it over and decided it needed some color correction. I selected every clip, and turned them into a compound clip. From here, I added the custom LUTs that I downloaded online onto the compound clip. I made and LUT be the “humble” lut. This made for darker tones and a slight blue tint. Up to here was easy, but exporting the video was a struggle. First, I had to export the commercial onto the external hard drive. Then, I tried airdropping the footage to my phone. Unfortunately it was too large of a file and it didn’t let me airdrop it. So what I ended up doing, is texting the video from my computer to my phone. Since o had to email it to the teacher, I tried to email it from my computer, but it for some reason wasn’t working. So I emailed it on my phone and put in the video as an attachment. Since the first draft of my commercial was so long, one minute, I had to find ways to shorten up the video. I went through the clips and found the ones that didn’t seem necessary, and cut them down as much as possible. I also took a whole scene, when u was walking it was really wasting a lot of time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final

Alex Dee Period 2 Prompt #5 AICE Media Final Assess the importance of marketing in film Over the past decades, marketi...