Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Music video research

At first, we were having major issues with our groups. Another pair kept trying to steal our group members, and there was a whole argument over who got who. Eventually, I ended up with who I wanted, Alex and Jorge. We ran through several songs like "Start With Me" and "90210," but these songs were ruled out because they cursed and we wanted to stay away from this in our projects. We ended up picking "Closed on Sunday" by Kanye West, this song fits into the rap genre but it isn't typical, it is very slow and doesn't really embody that classical rap sound. We liked this song because we thought it would be slow enough to add all the effects we wanted, but fast enough to not bore the audience and lose their interest.

With the song "Closed on Sunday", the first 40 seconds of the song is a instrumental. Our group got the idea to shoot B-roll for this section of the song. The B-roll will contain: Low angles, High angles, Tracking shot, Pans, and Tilts. We were also thinking about having the Chic-Fil-A write"Closed on Sunday's" on their big sign. After the instrumental is done playing, Kayne West starts to sing about how Chic-Fil-A is closed on Sunday's. For this we thought it would be best to, have the actors in the music video, dress up casually. Kanye usually wear jeans, shorts, and T-shirts in his music videos, which gives him the simple sense of style. The actors will look depressed, once arriving at Chic-Fil-A and noticing that it's closed. This scene will be a tracking shot of the actors and close-ups of their facial expressions. For the editing portion of our Music video, we will align our transitions in footage, with the lyrics and beats of the song. We shall add effects to make the music video visuals more appealing.

It was Friday and I was in New York when Jack called me. He said I was in his group for the music video project for AICE Media. He said that he wanted me to choose the song I wanted to use in the music video. At first, I chose the song 90210 by Travis Scott,  ur later realized that it curse a lot in it. So we decided not to use that song. The next song that I decided to ask if we could use was start wit me by Roddy Rich. Although this is a good song, the same problem reoccured and there was too much cursing. Then, I looked through my playlist looking for non explicit music to use, when I found Closed On Sundays by Kanye West. This song starts off slow and it doesn’t curse at all, which made me think it was a good song to use for the music video. We can film at a chic fil a since they are closed on Sunday's and is mentioned in the song. I can take a close up shot of the sign at chic fil à that says closed on Sundays. I can look for good scenes to use for good transitions and keying while filming for the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final

Alex Dee Period 2 Prompt #5 AICE Media Final Assess the importance of marketing in film Over the past decades, marketi...